Our 1 day Microsoft Word Introduction course is suitable for complete beginners to Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Word 2013 and Microsoft Word 365. This 1 day Word introduction training course will provide you with a working understanding of the basic features of MS Word.
A working knowledge of Windows is required, or our Introduction to MS Windows course. No experience of Microsoft Word is required.
At the end of this training course you will:
- have a good working knowledge of Word basics.
- feel more confident using Word and be able to create a document from scratch.
- Understand and use some of the built in layout and text editing functionality
- be enable you to produce far more striking and effective documentation in your work and home environments.
- create documents that will be easier to read and look more presentable.
After completing this Word Introduction Course, you will be prepared to attend our Advanced MS Word training course.
The File Tab
- Introduction to the File tab
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Getting Help
The Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
Enter & Format Text
- Page Up, Page Down
- Skip words (CTRL and Arrow keys)
- GOTO (F5 function button)
- HOME and END (and use with CTRL key)
- Vs Overwrite
- Apply Bold, Italic, Underline, Etc
- Create & Apply Styles
- Format Painter
- Cut, Copy, Paste
- Line Spacing, Tabs, Justification
- Indentation (inc Hanging Paragraphs)
- Bullets & Numbering (inc Nested Lists)
- Spell Check, Thesaurus, Word Count
- Find & Replace
- AutoText, AutoCorrect
- Create Paragraph Styles
- Apply Styles Using The Format Painter
Organising The Document
- Create New
- Merge & Split Cells
- And Rows/ Columns
- Apply Borders & Shading
- Adjust Column Width And Row Height
- Sort Rows
- Convert Paragraphs into Tables
- Changing Page Setup - Line Length, Orientation, Paper Size
- Editing Headers And Footers
- Switch Between Open Documents
- Create Form Letter
- Create & Maintain Database
- Merge Letters To Printer/ Document
- Print Envelopes & Labels